Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

TALK TO BRIAN JOSEPH

Okay you've read the "trash Jody" site up at www.sexworkersanonymous.org and you don't know what to think.  

(again don't visit that site from your computer - go to a public internet cafe or library and use a public computer on a public internet to visit that site.)

I've told you everything on there is a lie, and that certain people behind it are using that site to try and capture the IP address of everyone who comes to our site.  I say I can show you PROOF that the two women who claim to be behind that website were "snitches".  Plain and simple.  That's what that website is - that site is being used to relay information on who is reaching out to us for help in order to capture information I won't give to the police, the FBI, CIA, or anyone else in law enforcement.

You don't know WHAT to believe.  

So what do you do?

I know this - for TEN YEARS I've not found a reporter who was willing to tell the truth, even if it cost him his job.  Even if it meant he was going to have his life threatened.  Because for 10 years I've had reporters tell me they can't publish the stories I've brought them because either they would "be fired" or they were being threatened into silence if they tried.  

I've found a lot of "fake" reporters who say they want to tell your story, who use that to get you to sign releases that then are used by lawyers to shut you up.  

I've found reporters who say they'll print your story and then they chicken out the minute their job, or their lives, are threatened.  

I've found reporters who tell you they're going to tell your story to get at your evidence which then disappears overnight.  

So since about 2007 - I haven't been able to find ONE reporter that I believe would tell the truth if he heard it.  Not one that COULD anyway, because for ten years I've had a lot of reporters tell me they "can't" because again either they'd be "fired" or they've been threatened with harm if they tried.  

It doesn't matter much if you tell your story to a reporter that no one listens to. 

I met a man today that's changed my mind and given me hope again in the press.  After talking to him I realized I might have even been wrong about Sheldon Adelson.  I'm not sure yet on that point - but I might be wrong.  

I say that because for a few years - every time I got told by someone they were either fired, or threatened, because of a connection to us - the name Sheldon Adelson kept coming up time after time after time.  Sheldon hired them, or gave them grant money, or donated to them or owned their company - but that name just kept coming up time and time again.  

I even had someone deliver me a message right to my face that "Sheldon Adelson says you're blacklisted with any of his media for life and it doesn't matter how many victims die because they didn't know how to reach you for help".  

Tom Ragan, and the reporter who was with him, who tried to do a story on us in May of 2013, was fired for trying not only to publish that story, but for trying to expose the fraud that was going on in Nevada with respect to the trafficking grant money.  Grant money that wasn't making it to the victim.   Both he and the photographer told me it was because of "Sheldon Adelson" so that tends to make me believe the lady who told me Sheldon had "blacklisted me" from all press he was connected to.

Only there's been a real house cleaning over at the Review Journal.  When I met with Brian tonight, he told me that he was told that Sheldon himself had said he "wanted to build the best investigative team in the country", and that's why he, and the new editor over at the RJ, were hired.  

Now in a all fairness, did Sheldon do all of that stuff, or is it possible that other people used his name to blame him?  I don't know - so I wrote him a letter a few years ago asking him to agree to meet with me in person to address just that question.  I also asked him for that because I'd had quite a few people lie about me.  The lies on www.sexworkersanonymous.org are a good example.  I had someone impersonating me and doing some of the things spoken about on that site.  It wasn't me - but it was someone CLAIMING to be me.  

So in all fairness to Sheldon, how did I know if these things WERE him, or just using his name?  How do I know the threat came from Sheldon himself, or someone SAYING it came from him?

I don't.

Which is why I wrote him a few years ago and asked for a meeting so we could talk over what really was him and what was really me.  Because if people are lying about me - they're probably lying about him also.  The only way I thought I could figure this out was to meet with him and ask him.  I told him how all these reporters were telling me it was because of HIM they were afraid to publish any stories on our work with real victims - not phony victims made up to get grant money, not people trying to plug some picture, but REAL sex workers with REAL STORIES TO TELL that reporters were telling me they "couldn't publish" and blaming Sheldon.

Brian tells me that about the same time as I sent that letter to Sheldon asking to meet with me and tell me to my face if in fact he was blacklisting us, was when Brian had said was about when Sheldon  had started saying he "wanted to build the best investigative team in the country" at the Review Journal, and hired people like him, to counter which admittedly had been a bad reputation for printing false stories at the RJ at that point.  

I mean Tom being fired  when he tried to expose some of those fake stories didn't help the reputation  at the RJ either.  

Brian Joseph on Muck Rack


So you know what?  Logically I don't think someone who was doing these sorts of things would try and assemble the "best investigative team in the country".  

I looked at Brian's history and it's impressive.  So are the histories of some of the other NEW people over at the RJ now.  Again, I don't think if Sheldon was in fact trying to hide something he'd bring in a team that could expose that.  That's not how predators act.  

But maybe Brian was another shill and believe me I've seen those over the years.  They come in asking to "speak to one of your victims" and in reality it's been a ruse to find out where they are - having nothing to do with printing their story!  

The only way to tell if someone is a "shill" or for "real" is to meet someone face to face and watch their eyes carefully when you talk to them.  

So I went to meet with Brian and I'm convinced.  Now I'm printing his photo because not only have I been impersonated online, I've had people showing up at events claiming to be me that weren't me.  I've talked to other people who have had the same thing happen in this field.  

So if the guy you're talking to or meeting ISN'T the guy in this picture - then that's not Brian Joseph.

Now if you don't want to call me about your situation because you don't know what to believe - then call Brian. 

 https://muckrack.com/brian-joseph   He's over at the Review Journal now in Nevada.

Tell HIM your story.  Because it's been a while since I met a reporter who would really stick by a story and get the story PRINTED.  And PRINTED WHERE IT COUNTS.  

I believe Brian Joseph can do that.  

I asked him if he can break these confidentiality contracts many of you are being threatened with into silence.

He has lawyers and he can.   I believe that also.

So if you don't want to call me - fine.

Call Brian.  Tell him your story.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.