Search This Blog

Saturday, May 13, 2017

FCC LETTER ABOUT MEDIA "FAKE NEWS"


Ajit Pai, Chairman
Federal Communications Commission
Via Email Ajit.Pai@fcc.gov

David Lougee, President
National Broadcasters Association
Via Email - nab@nab.org

National Newspaper Association
Matthew Paxton, President

California Newspaper Publishers Association
Michelle Chantry, President

Senate Intelligence Committee
Via Fax to Members

Re: Truth in Media's Connection to a True Democracy and a Free Press

Dear Concerned:

I'm writing this letter essentially to the attention of the FCC, but I'm also addressing it to related media organizations. I have been writing for years to the attention of Ted Wheeler as the FCC's previous Chairman only to receive no response back. However, over the years I haven't b een able to provide the documentation I now believe I have collected to show not only is the “collective wool” being pulled over the public's eyes on certain subjects such as domestic sex trafficking, but that this “wool” is being used to very damaging ends.

Ends which I can also document right on down to what I believe involved a murder of a man which might not have been totally in “self defense” as the trial of Neal Falls was carried out essentially in the media since his death was denied any proper investigation into his death otherwise. I say this because I received a phone call on our hotline for Sex Workers Anonymous not long after saying he was in fact “murdered” during the time of the media buzz that followed the case. A phone call I tried to take the police, and the ensuing media campaign, only to be completely rebuffed and ignored. Something I assure you had this happened pre-1995 I don't think I would have received the same “cold shoulder”.


I haven't known what to do about the things I've been seeing, nor do I really know now even still what to do about what I'm witnessing in the media other than I've been told repeatedly I “need to file a complaint with the FCC” about it. At one point I had decided to sue Relativity Media and A&E for a “defamacast” for their show “8 Minutes” only to have them completely yank the show off the air and off the internet entirely when they got my demand letter. I thought that was the end of it UNTIL I saw those shows being used to fund raise and affect legislation down in the midwest just a few months ago.

However, for me to file “a complaint” with the FCC about these variously faked news articles would involve so many individual complaints spanning over a period of years. But I decided to start doing it anyway. As I started to do this however, I realized that taken individually, and not viewed over “time”, one doesn't really understand the damage this “fake” media is doing. Which I don't believe would be something which could have been accomplished on this level had not the Telecommunications Act of 1995 passed which is when everything changed.

To explain to you what I mean in “real world” terms you might grasp, you would first have to know more about who I am. My name is Jody Williams and in 1984 I was witnessing what has now been called “Iran Contra” up close and personal being as I was born and raised in Los Angeles in the 60's.

I soon learned there was nowhere for victims of what is now called “domestic sex trafficking” to go for help back in the 70's and 80's because we literally had no where to turn being as we were branded “criminals” by the state or non-existent at all. We had no witnesses to our defense being they'd have to not only incriminate themselves to do so, align themselves with a “criminal” - but further endanger their careers and personal lives to do so. The HIV/AIDS epidemic in the 1980's had made anyone and everyone scared to even admit us into their homes for safety.

Forcing me in my view to take matters into my own hands by taking an old warehouse and turning it into what I have later learned was the first “safe house” for adults in this country. I say “adults” as a qualifier because the first one for juveniles had been created by Lois Lee with Children of the Night. It was truly a “war zone” back then and when she took up helping kids – I tried to do what I could to help adults. I installed a lot of security and surveillance equipment on this warehouse to protect everyone being as we were being attacked literally by LAPD, the FBI, CIA, as well as pimps, gang members, and other assorted criminals.

Only I didn't realize how our government deals with people getting in their way often is to “frame” them to the level they went. I had some idea these people would attempt to frame me so I took great steps to make sure everything I had done was “legal” to avoid this potential. I didn't even drink or use drugs back then out of fear it would be used against me.

This didn't stop these people from framing me anyway as a “pimp” in a very high profiled arrest in 1984 where the media dubbed me “The High Tech Madam”. The nickname was to explain all of the security and surveillance equipment in this warehouse in the news at a time when my attorney was advising me not to speak to the media to defend or explain myself.

Since there wasn't one shred of evidence against me and I had done nothing I was accused of or even wrong for that matter, the police arrested my mother and charged her with “pimping” me. The grounds? A photo of her handing me a bucket of KFC chicken and me handing her a $20 bill.

Yep that ridiculous. Evidently the “pimping” law states “receipt of money from a prostitute”. Since I was considered a “prostitute” that was their grounds for arresting my mother as a felony pimp.

But it was silly enough for us to fight them back anyway. To which they then threatened to take away my mother's disability pension from the county of Los Angeles and also to arrest my then 70 year old grandmother for “pimping” me if I didn't accept a plea bargain. Something for which at her age I didn't think she'd survive the booking process.

Now I ask you how am I truly going to defend myself anyway had I choose to instead fight this case when I know that the minute I explain what that warehouse was set up for in reality - some men in suits were going to show up claiming “national security” and shutting me down? That was if I lived long enough to see a courtroom . As it was my attorney was already receiving threats from the police/government to “back away” from helping me as well as death threats to me. They'd confiscated all of my money and belongings so I couldn't hire another attorney if I wanted to as I was left penniless. So I wasn't left with a lot of options back then.

So in 1987, I was cleared off probation and my attorney cleared me to speak in the media about the “truth” of what was involved in my arrest you can read about at www.hightechmadam.com It was after realizing this approach of a safe house wasn't going to work, I reached out to consult with then mayor Tom Bradley, Sheriff Block, Chief Gates, and California Attorney General Edwin Meese. They had witnessed what was going on also – but realized there weren't any laws on the books to help us then either. It was with their advice and counsel they allowed me to see that the laws regarding prostitution was not going to change, and also in defense as to why they wouldn't change.

Their advice also helped me to form the program originally called “Prostitutes Anonymous” and the related hotline. This was created as a 12 step group in order to take advantage of laws “grand fathered” in by Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous for one thing such as confidentiality to members. The other was because it would be allowed to be used as an “alternative to incarceration” for those people who were in fact “victims” vs. true “criminals”. With their help, we went and and created the first ever official “alternative sentencing and diversion” program for sex workers in Los Angeles, California.

Some of you may not remember what it was like back then – but the idea of “domestic sex trafficking” was so foreign back then there wasn't even a name or word for it yet. Identical to how this country didn't have any type of system set in place to fight organized crime either before the RICO Act came to pass.

But the RICO Act wouldn't have even come to pass had it not been for some real life mobsters coming forward with their story in the media such as when Joe Valachi was one of the first men to start talking to the outside world that the “mob” was in fact a real living breathing entity in this country. Which watching how the “mafia” was birthed into federal recognition, gave me a template on how to do the same with respect to American modern sex trafficking.

A problem which had the same challenges also because who before the RICO Act could also have come forward to testify against them either without (1) being branded as “crazy” and/or (2) incriminating themselves? Just as the only true witnesses to the Italian mobsters back then were only those involved in some criminal fashion – so too was the challenge we had with modern domestic sex trafficking.
Watching how films like “The Valachi Papers” and even the “Godfather” changed things, and using this issue as a model, I stepped up on that first national talk show stage of a Sally Jesse Raphael show in 1987 to speak. Not just to enlighten the public about the realities of the sex industry that wasn't being told in media, but also to clear my name. I did not want to go down in history as a “pimp” and that warehouse to be branded a “whore house” by the media for the rest of my life.

The TRUTH about everything led me on a path which carried this whole country into seeing the Trafficking Act of 2000 passed. Up until 1995, I did so much TV, radio and press about the issues connected to these things – that I literally couldn't walk into a gas station in Omaha, Nebraska without the cashier going “hey aren't you that Prostitutes Anonymous lady?”

But in 1995 everything flipped upside down when the Telecommunications Act of 1995 passed. Only I didn't know it as that then. All I knew was things changed suddenly overnight and I had no idea why by 1996 I couldn't get arrested on TV figuratively speaking. If you look at some of the news and video clips I have up at my site – you'll see they come to an abrupt halt in 1995.

Let me explain the power of the truth in media for a moment. In 1988, Joe Conforte “bought” himself a rigged study which falsely made it appear that “no LEGAL brothel prostitute has HIV/AIDS”. Joe Conforte is the man who opened the first legal brothel in Nevada back in the 1970's – the Mustang Ranch. He had decided to expand this empire into California using HIV/AIDS as his marketing platform. So armed with his “study”, he deposited $1,000,000 into the top PR firm in the country and embarked on a campaign to get the laws in California changed to allow him to “open shop” there.

Only the FCC required media to run “counter” opinions on anything regarding legislation. No one wanted to go up against Joe because they were scared to death of him. This is a man who had shot down a famous boxer in cold blood with a cop for a witness and didn't spend one day in jail. So I stepped up and was the only person who would go “toe to toe” with him in the media all that year.

He lost.

That's the power of “truth” in the media's eye. (Which by the way is why Dennis Hof won't share a stage with me today in my opinion.) So I've witnessed this first hand back then and I'm witnessing it now in the negative. I say that because in the last couple of years, I have documented the “life cycle” of “fake media” which has been created by people with money that has affected everything from legislation that's on the books now, to the outcome of lawsuits, to even now as I said the death of a man who I think needs to be investigated further than the trial he got in the “bought and paid for” media.

Why do I care about Neal Falls? I don't. But because of him being falsely attributed to the deaths of some female prostitutes in this country I am because it's allowing their REAL murderers to keep getting off scott free for one thing. For another, the whole story around him has created a completely false idea that if you're a sex worker and you shoot a “john” in self-defense that you're going to get the same “heroes welcome” as “Heather” did and sadly in reality that's just not the case. As someone who has been a paralegal also for 30 years now I can assure you that is NOT how real hookers are greeted by cops when they arrive to a scene to find a dead “john”.

We have a real problem with the police and racism in this country also. Yet since all of this “fake media” has been being produced by the religious right in this country it has been a smoke screen for creating more racism in the police academies, the courtrooms, and more importantly it's created a new form of modern “lynching” of the African American male and minorities.

All of which is resulting not only in more police murders of African American men we haven't seen since the 1980's and this kind of thing was being done back then also, but also that of sexual abuse of women within jails/prisons, and our legal system, which has just skyrocketed in recent years, and is also serving to take focus off the real criminals who are literally being offered immunity by our government when caught sex trafficking red handed as is the case with Joohoon David Lee.

So yes I can contact the FCC and bombard them with 1000 individual complaints against completely fabricated stories such as the ones I've seen in the Review Journal, Buzzfeed, the Daily Dot, Daily Beast, CNN, Fox, CBS, etc., who seem to run most of these fabricated stories, or the “fake” reality shows I've uncovered more than once now on Bravo, A&E and Discover (who by the way I can now document have a financial interest in such faked stories), but more frighteningly is the way it's spread now into so called “public” broadcasting such as the fabrication I heard in April on Nevada Public Radio involving “Game Over”. A supposedly “survivor led” program out of Eureka, California who was allowed to bring completely fabricated racism inspiring sex trafficking training into a cadet academy there from what I heard broadcast.

Or I can start opening up a dialogue with your companies as to what I've seen being done with these “fabrications”. Such as the awards of millions of dollars in grant money to imaginary programs that don't exist in reality, conning people out of money through fake fund raisers, the deception of judges in courtrooms unlike anything in history (such as the largest sex trafficking case in our history being a complete fabrication), laws being passed into legislation based upon completely fabricated campaigns to actually support sex traffickers' operations on the same level as when Pablo Escobar was writing laws on extradition while claiming to be “legitimate business man”, and again the fact that we still are offering immunity to sex traffickers caught red handed such as we did with Joohoon David Lee.

All while I can't get anyone in the media to even talk about these things because they're too busy blowing up the fake stories bought and paid for by these people I can show have financial interests in such matters, or who are being supported entirely by the involved parties money in the first place. Why? Because I've also watched as these “fabricated heroes” have been now testifying in front of Congress, the Ethics Committee, the Senate Intelligence Committee, and other such people who are deciding upon the laws and budgets of this country. In other words, it's now affecting history.

I believe these people have also created a “monopoly” with respect to sex trafficking that protects themselves and I have enough documentation now to prove it. No different by the way than when the NFL was exposed as controlling the medical community to cover their own ass with respect to liability lawsuits you can reference more about in the film “Concussion”. Only I don't have a Dr. Omalu with the highest of credentials to stand up for our truth – all we have is “survivors”. Voices that are being completely drowned out of all of the discussions about them by the very financial interests exploiting them, as well as their “consumers” who own these media outlets in most cases these days. Steve Sassa was one prime example in control of Hearst Media for some years, now in control over Telemundo.

What's going on now is like handing over control of the media to Al Capone during Prohibition or to Hitler during WWII. You think I'm wrong? Let's compare numbers of Jews, and others, murdered by the Nazi's and sex trafficking victims, as well as prostitutes, than shall we?
That's where we are right now with this. Meaning again I can bombard you with 1000's of individual complaints – or we can open up a dialogue about this issue. Your call.

You can reach at the above-referenced contact information. Thank you for your attention to these issues.

Sincerely,


Jody Williams













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.