- On-sale general public premises licensees under the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act (Division 9 (commencing with Section 23000) of the Business and Professions Code).
- Adult or sexually oriented businesses, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 318.5 of the Penal Code.
- Primary airports, as defined in Section 47102(16) of Title 49 of the United States Code.
- Intercity passenger rail or light rail stations
- Bus stations.
- Truck stops. For purposes of this section, "truck stop" means a privately owned and operated facility that provides food, fuel, shower or other sanitary facilities, and lawful overnight truck parking.
- Emergency rooms within general acute care hospitals.
- Urgent care centers.
- Farm labor contractors, as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 1682 of the Labor Code.
- Privately operated job recruitment centers.
- Roadside rest areas.
- Businesses or establishments that offer massage or bodywork services for compensation and are not described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section 4612 of the Business and Professions Code.
In the whole state of California, 90 percent of those who are licensed to work as massage therapists are operating out of the Pasadena/San Gabriel area of California. That's 20 minutes from where I live. Vivid is 20 minutes from me. So is the largest porn performer and modeling agency in the country. We also have some of the largest strip clubs in Los Angeles - Cheetah's, Spearmint Rhino, Body Shop, you name it and it's in Los Angeles. I have four strip clubs within 10 minutes of where I live.
Okay they can get a ticket for this according to the law. There was a huge press conference last year about groups like CASTLA, the Jewish Womens Federation, the prosecutors' office, and the Board of Supervisors with doing an outreach campaign about these signs. In fact, Jackie Lacey and Eric Garcetti both printed up letters to business owners letting them know there was this law and the signs needed to be posted. This committee did mail out flyers and signs to the truck stops and urgent cares - but when it came to the strip clubs and massage parlors they did not. Now that might be because Los Angeles alone shows over 4,000 LISTED massage parlors - who knows how many aren't listed. But they didn't send any of these materials out to those types of businesses - let alone the porn production and modeling agencies or motels where many victims also frequent.
We have received no answer and no cooperation.
A walkathon isn't going to get these signs up.