PLANNED PARENTHOOD - WHAT'S GOING ON?

As some of you know, we used Planned Parenthood when I was a teen for myself and my girlfriends to get some type of reproductive care when we were too young to see doctors on our own, couldn't get parental consent, and didn't have money or insurance.  We would do this when we were raped.  We would do this when we were victims of child abuse.  It was literally the only place we knew of to go back in the 1970's.

Throughout the years - I've worked with many different types of trafficking victims.  The majority of trafficking victims DO NOT get abortions.  The reason is simple - the baby is not only the second generation of victim of these pimps to groom from birth that prostitution is "okay", but it's also an 18 year leash on their victims.  Read up on the case of Margo Compton and see how her traffickers blackmailed her with her children to control her.  I've got interviews up at www.blogtalkradio.com/stopsextrafficktalk where our members speak about how the pimps have controlled them using their parental rights.  The minute they've tried to leave their pimp - is the minute he threatens to take away custody or even file kidnapping charges.  So no TRAFFICKERS don't want to get abortions for their victims.

Also, traffickers have an "in house" doctor who does not keep records.  In Pasadena, I even know the doctor the victims use.  He speaks Mandarin (unlike Planned Parenthood), and he does not report what he finds to the CDC.  If the prostitutes get an STD, the customers who are married can also go to him for treatment that's not reported on his insurance so his wife won't find out.  Which also means the CDC is not getting accurate reports about STD's and sex workers for that reason.

Now - when it comes to STREET PROSTITUTION then it is a horse of a different color.  Those animals are on drugs.  They no more want a pregnant prostitute on their hands who isn't using than fly.  A baby interferes with her drug use, and her partying with clients, and them, etc.  Street prostitutes generally have no money (because of their drug use), and no health insurance that would cover an abortion.  So I know they will go to the cheapest source they can find to get an abortion.   I have personally witnessed, and heard the stories from, and the 4th steps of, many many street prostitutes who do view abortion as a form of birth control.  I know one woman who had over 14 abortions that she told me about before she was 21 years old.

When someone comes into Sex Workers Anonymous - we are not supposed have any "official opinion" about things like abortion.  However, my personal opinion is quite different.  Plus, we do have the Steps and Traditions.  Steps who talk about "turning your life over to the care of God" and "praying for knowledge of His will for you" and that sort of thing.  The Traditions say that "God is the ultimate authority" when it comes to decisions.  So using our 12 step approach - if a member is pregnant, or gets pregnant, then we're pretty clear that they need to do "what God's will is" which in our opinion is NOT an abortion UNLESS a doctor was to tell them they would die without one and even then we would STILL seek the higher council of our "ultimate authority".

In the past, when members have become pregnant, including myself when I got pregnant in 1990, that's what we do.  We go through a process with them of determining what God's will is for them.  We look for options.  When I had a surprise pregnancy in 1990 - I considered the offers I had to adopt my baby out.  I had people offering to let me stay with them while I was pregnant because I got fired when my boss found out I was pregnant and jobs were very hard to find in Allentown.   I kept my daughter and haven't regretted a minute of it.  She's a true angel.

We've done the same with our members.  When others of us have found themselves pregnant - we've even had members offer to adopt their baby.  So we do everything we can short of physically chaining a member to the bedpost to try and get them not just to keep the baby - but to work their program which consists of surrender to "God's will".

Now that said  - in the early days of our program we used to have Planned Parenthood put our signs up in their clinics.  The reason was simple - there were street prostitutes coming into their program using abortion as a form of birth control.  When the AIM clinic opened and most sex workers in Los Angeles started going there for testing - we just sort of dropped bringing posters over to the Planned Parenthood clinics, and they stopped asking for them.

Things change.  I have been a staunch defender of Planned Parenthood because I know there are many young girls who are being raped, abused, etc. who need access to medical care who don't have money or insurance.  For that reason, I have defended them.  However, when this latest video came out, granted it was illegal - but it was disturbing.  I'll tell you why - I didn't know they were offering women money for the aborted parts.  They never did that before in the 70's and 80's.

I know drug addicts.  As a recovering addict - I know drug addicts.  I know that in the drug addict mind - if they can get a quick buck for getting knocked up, getting an abortion, and walking out with a check - they'll do it.  Just as they'll sell blood, organs and even sex to get their dope money.  I know a street pimp who is a drug addict would do the same in a heart beat.  Drag that woman down, get her an abortion, and take that money.

I've been trying to talk to Planned Parenthood lately because I see in many ways we have a common opponent right now.  SWA offers their program to anyone - male, female, transgender and the LGBT community.  I've watched them knock us down - and then replace us with a system that ONLY does outreach to heterosexual females.  I've seen the lesbians and the transgenders kicked out of their programs - such as what they did with Monica Jones.  They kicked her right out of Project Rose when they realized she was not a female.  I'm still trying to reach her to discuss a sexual discrimination lawsuit against them.

When I saw this latest media blitz claiming that the "government is going to shut down" over a funding issue with Planned Parenthood - I thought it might be a good idea to talk to the people over there about this war we both seem to be in right now.  As I went to get their contact information - I found many of their Facebook pages blocked.  Not knowing if I personally was blocked - or if this was their sites down - I contacted the Pasadena office.  I also contacted the Pasadena office because I' working on a report right now about sex trafficking in Pasadena - and services for victims.  So yes I want to see how responsive they are right now to us.

When I pointed out to them all these sites were blocked - they kind of blew me off.  Pretty snarky actually.  Then I had my daughter check on her phone - and yes the sites themselves were down.  It wasn't that I personally was being blocked.  The woman over there at Planned Parenthood told me to "get in touch with the Federation".  When I asked the contact information for who I should talk to about this - she BLOCKED ME.

Ask any teacher - when you walk into a classroom of kids, those who have been acting up while you were gone are going to act guilty.  I don't know why - but I know that for some reason when someone is up to something "funny" and I try and talk to them - they get all weird and block me.  I also find it very interesting that I'm doing the report on Pasadena to start because the heads of the trafficking ring that's staffing massage parlors all over this country right now is BASED in Pasadena, California.  I mean WHY would they block me for (1) telling them their other sites are down and then (2) asking for information on who at the main office I'd go talk to about this?

If you ask me - they're acting like those guilty kids when the teacher walks in.  I do know that things change.  There are organizations, and people and programs I've worked with for 20 years in some cases that came under new management and I can no longer work with them.  I'm not alone either when I see all of their staff leaving for the same reasons.  When Rev. Ann Hayman for example left the Mary Magdalene Project, and came under a new director - they became impossible to work with.  I also saw Ann was not the only person that bailed off the ship either.  One of their therapists who had worked there for 25 years also bailed.  So clearly something changed there.   Maybe it will change back - I don't know.  But the fact remains that sometimes old organizations do change - and not in a good way.

Which means until I have further data for myself with my own eyes - I'm officially withdrawing any of the support I used to give Planned Parenthood.  Not because of what I'm being told in the media - but based on their own actions lately.  Something is clearly wrong here.  In THEORY - I believe the control over your body is yours. I'd have to believe that because if I believe a PIMP can't control a womans' body - then that means the church shouldn't have control either.  Our Steps and Traditions say "God is the ultimate authority" on "group conscience" or decisions.  Not a man.  Not a husband.  Not society.  Not the church.  Not a pimp.  Not a trafficker.  God.  That's not changing.  But right now I'm not so sure what's going on over at Planned Parenthood.  I will be investigating further as I do our Pasadena "Black Book" report.  Below are the sites that were shut down on Facebook - along with the conversation showing Pasadena blocked me.
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHICAGO POLICE TRAFFICKING 14 YEAR OLDS

SESTA/FOSTA OPPOSITION